Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination, 2014 to select candidates for the appointment as Special Class Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways. Eligible candidates can apply online from 05-10-2013 to 04-11-2013.
Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam 2014 Vacancy Details
Total No of Vacancies: 42
Name of the Exam: SCRA Exam 2014
Age Limit: Candidate must have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years on 01-01-2014. Age relaxations will be applicable as per rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of a University or Board with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination. Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects.
Application Fee: Candidates should pay the fee of Rs. 100/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit card. SC / ST / Female / PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Examination and Interview.
How to Apply
Eligible and interested candidates may apply online through the website www.upsconline.nic.in from 05-10-2013 to 04-11-2013. After submission of Online Application candidates must take the print out of application form and keep it safe for further reference/use.
Instructions for Online Application:
1. Log on to www.upsconline.nic.in website and click on Online application for Various Examinations of UPSC link.
2. Candidates must then select the Part I of Application by selecting the link Click Here below Part I Registration of desired service.
3. Fill all the marked details of Part I of Application Form and then make the payment.
4. After making payment online or offline candidates must revisit the website.
5. This time candidates need to select the link Click Here below Part II Registration.
6. Again fill all the mandatory details in Part II of Application.
7. Upload the scanned Photograph and Signature at the places provided and Submit the Application.
8. Take print out of Online Application and retain it for further use.
Date of Notification: 05-10-2013
Starting Date for Online Registration: 05-10-2013
Last date for Online Registration: 04-11-2013 till 11:59 PM
Date of Written Examination: 12-01-2014